Wednesday, March 11, 2009

back again with mixed feelings

Around 3 weeks. I will be at Laos. I do not really feel excited about it nor anticipate what will take place over there. The few meetings had let me taste what is it like. Honestly speaking, I do enjoy what I am doing to contribute to this outreach. But somehow I just have mixed feeling. I am not really sure what is the main cause for it. Maybe there's lots of them or it's just that I'm thinking too much. Intiatially, most of us sign up for this trip but because of reasons only a few of us are going. I felt quite "sian" after that but I asked myself if I'm going there to help then I should have a positive attitude to serve. For that time, that was my motivation. Soon after the meetings, I saw that many of the students actually knew each other and moon had taught them before. Once again, I felt "sian". In total, there are about 40 students going excluding teachers. The group is considered big and the worse can be forseen- Cliques. Now I feel hardly motivated. But I kept encouraging myself everything is going to be ok, just don't think too much and don't give pressure to myself. I remembered something very meaningful of what moon said. That we should humble ourself and not putting ourself as the best one.

I want to feel looking forward to everything.

Put me to the test.